Stuart has mediated disputes involving the following issues:
• Claims and cross-claims regarding territorial rights and termination in respect of an agreement for the distribution of engineering technology in the energy industry.
• Claim by buyers of transport company for fraudulent misrepresentations and breaches of warranty and cross-claims for purchase consideration and additional consideration.
• Partnership dispute between brother and sister who had been in a transport and property business successfully for 30 years.
• Covid-related claim for wrongful termination on acceptance of alleged repudiatory breach by claiming force majeure in freight-scanning and logistics contract.
• Negotiation of fixed charges between station owner and train operator for rail industry Control Period 6.
• Dispute over performance of contract for collection of regulated medical waste.
• Further dispute over performance of contract for collection of regulated medical waste.
• Post-acquisition claims by logistics group against customer defended on the grounds of non-assignment.
• Dispute as to the effectiveness of a limitation of liability clause in a case where stock had been stolen and the logistics provider's employees were suspected of involvement.
Dispute regarding performance, missing stock and accounting in respect of a warehousing and logistics contract in the retail clothing industry.
Dispute regarding an IT system installed within a parcel delivery business.
Dispute regarding the construction of a central warehousing and logistics centre for a national retail group.
The interpretation and operation of the financial terms of a pre-wholesale distribution, sales-order processing and warehousing agreement in respect of regulated pharmaceutical products.